The April 2010 edition of Qualified Remodeler featured a Sales and Marketing article by Dave Lupberger describing five behaviors you should expect from a professional contractor. In my opinion these are things every contractor should do because they value the relationships they build with their clients – unfortunately this is not always the case.
- Professional contractors will be on time for every appointment (if not they should communicate the reason);
- Phone calls will be promptly returned;
- On the jobsite (your home) professional contractors will be respectful to you and your neighbors;
- At the end of the day the jobsite will be cleaned and free of safety hazards; and
- The process and status of your project will be communicated to you regularly.