Cory Van Brookhoven and Lowell Wenger of Lititz Historical Foundation joined the Practical Preservation podcast to discuss information about the museum and general Lititz history. We covered a multitude of topics including:
- The Moravian origins of the town, including town regulations about who could live in the town proper and rules against taverns or dancing in the streets!
- History of the museum and the homes it is housed in
- Unique artifacts owned by the museum, including a recent acquisition relevant to early postal service and ongoing preservation efforts
- The large geographical area accounted for by tourists to the museum
- Diverse events the museum hosts, including weddings
- Ways the public can learn, participate, or contribute to the museum – note that this year, their season begins in April, a month earlier than usual!