This week we spoke with John Lindtner of Building Preservation Services about his journey from an MBA grad to a restoration specialist and the importance of preserving historic windows.
Ahmed Zidan of Hollander Glass joined the Practical Preservation Podcast to discuss the company’s restoration/historic branch, Hollander Historic. We covered multiple topics, including:
- The company’s background and the history of glass-making
- The company’s services, primarily as specialty glass fabricators and distributors
- Hollander’s historic line of restoration window glass, including glass appropriate to periods over the last 300 years
- Notable projects using Hollander’s historic line, including skylights at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- Challenges for window restoration projects, including more stringent energy codes
Ahmed said if you contact him via phone or email and mention this podcast, you will receive a sample restoration window pack including samples of their most popular restoration products!