HISTORIC PROPERTIES WE HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN RESTORING
For a printable version of the complete list of projects we have been involved in, please click here.
(To see more pictures of a particular project, please click on the thumbnail.)
Perhaps our most famous project, the Petersen House is the 19th Century house across from Ford’s Theater that President Lincoln died in. We also repaired and replicated the interior and exterior woodwork, including structural repairs, in our 2011 rehabilitation and repair project for the National Park Service.
National Institute of Health Building #3
For this project in Bethesda, Maryland, we repaired and replaced a seven-piece cornice.
Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
The Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial in Independence National Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, owned and managed by the National Park Service. For this project we made exterior woodwork repairs using solid wood and epoxy systems including: window frames and sash, doors, and shutters. The project also included: exterior painting, masonry repairs, and replacement of a hand-split, cedar shake roof.
Built in 1737 in Salem County, New Jersey, this house was owned by the State of New Jersey, Department of Environmental Protection. For this project, we fabricated and installed a replica 18th Century door using existing hardware.
Victorian Store-Front for Nine West
For this project in Soho, New York City, we manufactured and delivered an assembled and ready-to-install set of nine-foot doors (made of Spanish Cedar with riot glass) and Victorian store-front.
Elizabethtown Train Station
The Pennsylvania Railroad built the Elizabethtown Train Station in 1915 to serve the Masonic Home and the citizens of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. Our project involved restoring twenty-nine sash frames for the original leaded glass.
Old Main, Franklin & Marshall College
Old Main is a Gothic Revival style building built in 1856 at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We restored thirty-one windows, rebuilt the four level stair tower, replaced the bell tower louvers, and removed a modern replacement door to install a door we fabricated to match the original doors in the two flanking buildings.
Franklin Street Train Station
Built in 1929, the Franklin Street Train Station is located in Reading, Pennsylvania. It has been abandoned and damaged by weather, vandals, and vagrants since 1972. Our project includes: rebuilding the interior and exterior doors, jambs, sidelights and transoms, restoration of wood windows, and rebuilding a coffered ceiling.
Great Conewago Presbyterian Church
Built in 1787, and remodeled in 1870, the church was used as a field hospital during the Battle of Gettysburg. For this project, we lovingly restored the antique heart pine flooring during the restoration in 2002.
St. John’s Episcopal Church
Located in Havre de Grace, Maryland, this church was built in 1809. We restored double doors and surround – stripping the paint, repairing the mouldings, and repainting. We also coordinated restoration of 1840′s antique hardware.
Schmucker Hall, Seminary Ridge, Gettysbur
Schmucker Hall is a Civil War Era building located on Seminary Ridge in Gettysburg, PA. For this project we restored 92 wood windows and replicated 24 interior rail and stile doors with fire rating. We rebuilt Peace Portico and Rear porch using new rails and balusters to match exissting. Removal, storage, and re-installation of existing millwork.